wuchangAdministrator
(spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World)
10/23/17 10:40 AM
Re: Squaw Creek Hunt Club and Guide Service

Mac

Sorry to see you go but if that is what you want to do-- Godspeed and good luck

I don't think most of the meatheads here use guide services since they either freelance or have private ground to hunt.

I suppose that I could have sent you a pm or whatever saying-- "hey, I hunt waaaaaayy over on the Mississippi River and have no idea if the outfit you asked about is a stand up business or some yahoos who have a couple of leased farms and shoot maybe 30 birds a year."

I did look at their web pages and facebook stuff and it looks like a reasonably priced operation. Their leadoff picture shows 5 hunters holding 10 or 11 ducks which doesn't indicate if they are good or bad-- just what 5 scruffy duck hunters decided to pose with. I really don't care if half the ducks are hens-- hens have to take their chances just like the boys.

In short-- and that is not a joke since I am somewhat vertically challenged, I learned as much as you did in about 5 minutes.

If I was going to think about booking a hunt with them, I'd probably call a couple of friends (yes,I have a few and I assume you have some also but I am not complaining)that live and hunt that area or I'd use my cell phone and call them, sound them out and ask them for some references/phone numbers of some folks that have hunted with them.

I'm sure it is just like hunting at any place during duck season-- ducks are there or they are not and if they are there-- you shoot them if not....then you talk a lot

I figure you can handle both situations

and since you were so polite

bye now

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5